Wednesday 9 June 2010

Teenage equivalent of the toddler tantrum in a supermarket trick

I do make myself laugh sometimes*... Y'know the advert where the mum has the tantrum in the supermarket? Today I tried out the teenage equivalent. As me and the son were walking to Subway (get over it-I work full time and cooking is just plain boring:FACT) he started his usual 'do you have to walk with me' whinging. So before he could get into full swing and declare me the most embarrassing person in the universe I got in there first and suggested that he walked a good distance in front of me so people wouldn't know we were together. When he crossed the road assuming I would follow, I chose not to. I hid my face with my hand and pretended I didn't know him.
"Mum! Mum!" he called.
"Ssssshh," I hissed, "I don't know you".
"MUUUUMM!!!" he shouts "Stop it!!".
"But you're embarrassing" I hissed again, now walking at a quicker pace as he attempts to keep up with me.
He couldn't work out how to deal with this.....like I think it actually made his head hurt. It was just like the advert!


I eventually stopped, before the guilt kicked in, and we walked all the way there and back together chatting and laughing and he didn't once ask me to walk in front of him!
Result!

*The boyf keeps reminding me we wont be laughing when we're paying for the therapy to undo all the damage we've done!

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny! I would love to do that to a teenager! (Not that I wasn't like that myself of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! hun that is so funny! xx

    ReplyDelete