Friday 2 July 2010

Coming Clean

So, I turn up at the door with a bottle of vodka in a co-op bag as instructed. I make my way to the garden which is full of people. I don't know anyone except the birthday girl. I thought it was a family party but it appears relatives weren't invited. Everyone is really friendly though and soon I'm chatting away, guys are flirting, one guy insists on draping his arms around my neck, a cute lesbian is accused of flirting with me too which she doesn't deny. They show off to me about things they've seen and done, typical stuff. They talk about relationships and UCAS forms and getting drunk. Then I ask one of them his age, and then he asks me....

Erm.... how old do u think? I say
19? 20? They all say....

And then I have to come clean, this has been nice and everything, but it cant last.

I eventually have to come clean that I am a 31 year old at a 17 year old's birthday party.

They don't believe me anyway. The lesbian looks confused. Then intrigued. "But you laughed at my jokes, you can't be thirty!" a floppy haired boy insists. When I decide to go home they beg me to stay, but I find the oldest person there (19) and leave him in charge. It seemed likely he'd do a better job than me.

Behave yourselves Kids I say as I leave....

Thank God I wasn't drinking. This could have ended quite differently....

No comments:

Post a Comment